It has been documented that the concept of New Year’s resolutions dates back to the ancient Babylonians who promised their gods each year that they would pay their debts and return what they had borrowed. Today, modern society has transformed the concept to set new goals for ourselves, energized with inspiration of endless possibilities as we leave the chaos of the past behind. For us at TravelQuest and many of our loyal guests, resolutions tend to focus on what else? Travel. Where do we want to go? Who do we want to meet? What truly extraordinary experiences, or even simple pleasures, have we set our sights on for the year ahead?
Recently, we found some resolution revelation as the Huffington Post rounded up their 21 Travel Resolutions for 2014. The well-rounded list features a few great goals that we intend to accomplish this year:
- Work less, play harder. This is a simple lesson we try to keep top of mind year in and year out. Of course, we may have to work to be able to support our extreme case of wanderlust, but we are sure to make the moments really count as soon as we’re able to hit the road, or simply take a break.
- Overcome a fear. Any fear. Be it bungee jumping or, for us, traversing the extreme terrains of both Poles in 2014, challenging yourself to face your fears makes for a travel experience simply unlike any other. Push yourself to push the limits this year as the memories and lessons will last a lifetime.
- Contribute your talents. Giving back to the places we go has been one of the most rewarding aspects of our recent adventures. In 2014, we look forward to more opportunities to help our travelers join their trip leaders in making a positive impact in communities around the world through the TQ Gives Back program.
- Vow to learn a little. Or for us, a lot. Authentic experiences coupled with education provided by the industry’s top experts are what sets TravelQuest tours apart. In 2014, our esteemed team of astronomers, meteorologists and naturalists will share insights into historic cultures, uncharted destinations and the wonders of the skies above.
- Don’t put off tomorrow what you can book (and enjoy) today. What are you waiting for? Sign up for tour updates and start expecting the extraordinary.
What will you resolve to do? Where will you resolve to go? We look forward to hopefully sharing the journey with you and yours. Cheers to 2014 and the adventures ahead!