Pricing & Terms
Prices are per person in US Dollars based on the number of people in a room.
|Peru & Chile - Ancient Paths to the Present Total Solar Eclipse||$ 6,980||$ 8,380||$ N/A||$ N/A|
- On-tour flights Lima-Cuzco, Peru on June 25, and Cuzco-La Serena, Chile on June 30 are not included in this tour cost. The additional cost for these flights will be added to your invoice in 2018.
- All tour prices, taxes and airfares quoted in this brochure are based on tariffs, costs and United States dollar exchange rates that were in effect at the time of publication. Consequently, prices herein are subject to change. Due to fluctuations in global oil prices, a fuel surcharge may be added to your tour fee. You will be advised of details and costs prior to departure.
Room Sharing Program
If you’re traveling solo, you can realize significant savings by taking advantage of TravelQuest’s Room Sharing Program, which matches travelers of the same gender so they can share twin-bedded accommodations. Although we’ll do our best to fulfill your request, if we can’t find a match, you’ll have to pay the single occupancy price.
- Arrival (Lima, Peru) and departure (La Serena, Chile) airport transfers as per the dates of the tour
- 10 nights accommodation as noted in the itinerary
- Private motor coach transportation throughout your journey
- All meals as noted in itinerary, including coffee, tea and bottled water
- Services of an English-speaking guide and a TravelQuest trip leader
- Gratuities for local guides while on tour
- Special July 2 eclipse day activities
- Eclipse viewing safety glasses
- Custom 2019 eclipse e-sourcebooks
- Air travel to Lima, Peru (airport code: LIM) and from La Serena, Chile (airport code: LSC)
- On-tour flights Lima-Cuzco, Peru on June 25, and Cuzco-La Serena, Chile on June 30. The additional cost for these flights will be added to each invoice in 2018
- Meals and activities not specified in the itinerary
- Alcoholic beverages and drinks other than coffee, tea and bottled water
- Baggage handling at airports
- Passport and visa fees
- Items of a personal nature, laundry services, souvenirs, etc.
- Travel insurance
Payments & Terms
- An advance payment of $1,600 USD per person, along with the completed reservation form, are required to secure your reservation. After June 5, 2018, initial payment will be $3,000 per person.
- A second payment in the amount of $1,400 USD per person is due by June 5, 2018.
- Final payment is due by March 22, 2019.
Cancellations must be in writing, by email, fax or letter.
- All advance payments, less a $600 USD per person service fee, are refundable until July 5, 2018.
- From July 6 to December 5, 2018, all advance payments, less a $1,800 USD per person service fee, are refundable.
- There are no refunds after December 5, 2018.
- Air cancellation terms are additional.
It is each traveler’s responsibility, prior to booking, to take all appropriate medical advice as to whether or not they are fit enough to undertake this trip. If you have any questions in this regard, please contact us.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
Travel insurance protects you from unexpected “what ifs” on your travels: What if your bags go missing? What if you have to cancel? What if you need medical assistance? At TravelQuest International, we recommend that you purchase a travel protection plan to help secure you and your trip investment against the unexpected. You can purchase this insurance on your own or contact our friends at Travelex, who are familiar with our trips and offer a selection of coverage options to suit your needs. To be eligible for the waiver of pre-existing medical condition exclusion, Travelex plans must be purchased within 21 days from the time you make your initial deposit to TravelQuest. Otherwise, you may purchase a plan anytime prior to departure.
For more information on these plans or to enroll, click on the link below or contact Travelex Insurance Services direct at 1-800-228-9792, and reference location number 03-6043.
A Note About Fuel
In the uncertain, often volatile global oil market, it is difficult to predict long-term fuel costs and, more specifically, costs at the time of the trip. Our prices are based on the prevailing fuel rates at the time of brochure publication, which is well in advance of departure. While we will do everything possible to maintain our prices, if fuel costs increase significantly at or before the time of the trip, it may be necessary to institute a fuel surcharge.