Pricing & Terms
Prices are per person in US Dollars based on the number of people in a room.
|Wonders of Chile Total Solar Eclipse||$ 8,380||$ 9,880||$ N/A||$ N/A|
- On-Tour group flights Santiago-Calama on December 8 and for Antofagasta-Temuco on December 12 are not included in this tour cost. The additional cost for these flights will be added to your invoice in 2020.
- All tour prices, taxes and airfares quoted in this brochure are based on tariffs, costs and United States dollar exchange rates that were in effect at the time of publication. Consequently, prices herein are subject to change. Due to fluctuations in global oil prices, a fuel surcharge may be added to your tour fee. You will be advised of details and costs prior to departure.
- Viewing a solar eclipse is particularly weather-dependent, and as such, we can offer no guarantee that local conditions will cooperate.
Room Sharing Program
If you’re traveling solo, you can realize significant savings by taking advantage of TravelQuest’s Room Sharing Program, which matches travelers of the same gender so they can share twin-bedded accommodations. Although we’ll do our best to fulfill your request, if we can’t find a match, you’ll have to pay the single occupancy price.
- 9 nights accommodation as noted in the itinerary
- Arrival (Santiago, Chile) and departure (Temuco, Chile) airport transfers as per the dates of the tour
- Private motor coach transportation throughout your journey
- All meals as noted in itinerary, including coffee, tea and bottled water
- All activities and admission fees as noted in itinerary
- Services of an English-speaking guide and a TravelQuest trip leader
- Services of a Trip Astronomer
- Gratuities for local guides while on tour
- Eclipse viewing safety glasses
- One-of-a-kind digital 2020 eclipse e-sourcebook
- International flights into Santiago, Chile (airport code: SCL) and from Temuco, Chile (airport code: ZCO)
- Meals and activities not specified in the itinerary
- Airport baggage handling
- Alcoholic beverages and drinks other than coffee, tea and water
- On-tour group flights: Santiago-Calama (December 8), Antofagasta-Temuco on (December 12). The additional cost for these flights will be added to each invoice prior to final payment in 2020.
- Baggage handling at airports
- Items of a personal nature including highly-recommended travel insurance, passport and visa fees, laundry service, souvenirs, etc.
Payments & Terms
- An advance payment of $1,600 USD per person, along with the completed reservation form, are required to secure your reservation. (After January 4, 2020, initial payment will be $3,500 per person).
- A second payment in the amount of $1,900 USD per person is due by January 4, 2020.
- Final payment is due by August 28, 2020.
Cancellations must be made in writing via email, fax or mail.
- All advance payments, less a $650 USD per person service fee, are refundable until January 3, 2020.
- From January 4 to June 4, 2020, all advance payments, less a $2,000 USD per person service fee, are refundable.
- All advance payments become non-refundable after June 4, 2020.
- Air cancellation terms are additional.
It is each traveler’s responsibility, prior to booking, to take all appropriate medical advice as to whether or not they are fit enough to undertake this trip. If you have any questions in this regard, please contact us.
Travel insurance protects you from unexpected “what ifs” on your travels: What if your bags go missing? What if you have to cancel? What if you need medical assistance? At TravelQuest International, we highly recommend that you purchase a travel protection plan to help secure you and your trip investment against the unexpected. You can purchase this insurance on your own or contact our friends at Travelex, who are familiar with our trips and offer a selection of coverage options to suit your needs. To be eligible for the waiver of pre-existing medical condition exclusion, Travelex plans must be purchased within 21 days from the time you make your initial deposit to TravelQuest. Otherwise, you may purchase a plan anytime prior to departure.
For more information on these plans or to enroll, click on the link below or contact Travelex Insurance Services direct at 1-800-228-9792, and reference location number 03-6043.
A Note About Fuel
In the uncertain, often volatile global oil market, it is difficult to predict long-term fuel costs and, more specifically, costs at the time of the trip. Our prices are based on the prevailing fuel rates at the time of brochure publication, which is well in advance of departure. While we will do everything possible to maintain our prices, if fuel costs increase significantly at or before the time of the trip, it may be necessary to institute a fuel surcharge.