- Dates: Sep 23 - Oct 02, 2022
- Duration: 10 days, 9 nights
- Trip Level (1-4):2
- Arrive: Reykjavík, Iceland
- Depart:Reykjavík, Iceland
- Priced From: $8680
This tour departs in
- Get the opportunity to experience the beauty of the aurora for six full nights, most just steps from your picturesque countryside accommodation
- Explore some of Iceland’s seldom-visited and most outstanding areas of natural beauty
- Benefit from the insights of a superb local guide throughout your journey
- Cruise in search of majestic humpback, orca and minke whales
There are two key things to know about the aurora borealis: It’s a phenomenon everyone should experience once in their lives, and once you’ve seen those spectacular multi-hued lights shimmering across the northern sky, you’ll definitely want to see them again.
To these basic truths we can add two more: One of the best places on Earth to experience the aurora is Iceland. And there’s no better way to do it than staying in a remote hotel or lodge, stepping out of your comfortable room and encountering a vast, luminous curtain of green, blue, red and purple undulating above the Arctic Circle.
Since our first trip to Iceland in 2002, TravelQuest has brought hundreds of adventurous travelers to this rugged island in the North Atlantic, sharing its rich culture and haunting natural beauty – and, of course, finding the ideal spots to view the elusive northern lights. Now we’re heading back in September 2022 with a unique, 10-day Iceland experience that explores two of the tiny country’s most fascinating areas – Iceland’s breathtaking, seaside capital of historic Reykjavik, and the seldom-visited Great North region.
If you’re one of our Iceland veterans, you’ll remember Martina Pötzsch, our expert guide whose encyclopedic knowledge and storytelling gifts bring the country to life. Martina will be back for our 2022 journey, welcoming both new and returning guests to a wonderful collection of handpicked lodges and inns.
The magic of the aurora borealis and the breathtaking beauty of Iceland – ideal ingredients for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. Start making your plans now!