- Dates: Mar 29 - Apr 09, 2024
- Duration: 12 days, 11 nights
- Trip Level (1-4):2
- Arrive: Los Mochis, Mexico
- Depart:Torreón, Mexico
- Priced From: $6,980
This tour departs in
- A handpicked viewing site offering some of the best prospects for clear skies during the April 8 total solar eclipse.
- A panoramic train ride through the Sierra Madre range to famed Copper Canyon.
- Behold the fascinating culture of the Tarahumara people, who’ve lived in the mountains for centuries.
We discovered many years ago that northern Mexico, with its dramatic landscapes and vast skies, was an extraordinary – and wonderfully accessible – destination for eclipse viewing and stargazing. Now, after decades of exploring every region of the planet, we’re happy to be returning once again to Mexico for the total solar eclipse of April 8, 2024.
Join us as we discover the scenic coast of the Sea of Cortez, which separates the Baja California peninsula from the Mexican mainland. Then travel by train into the Sierra Madre range to famed Copper Canyon – actually six interconnected canyons whose steep walls have the greenish hue of oxidized copper. Finally, on eclipse day, watch the Moon’s shadow unfurl across a rugged landscape to envelope you in a haunting 4 minutes and 4 seconds of darkness.
It’s definitely time to reunite with friends or family on a long-overdue vacation. We can’t imagine a better way to see the real Mexico than on this one-of-a-kind eclipse tour, expertly supported by the same local partners who first brought us here over 20 years ago. To be sure you’re among those who join us, make your reservation now – and start counting the days!