- Dates: Oct 09 - 18, 2023
- Duration: 10 days, 9 nights
- Trip Level (1-4):2
- Arrive: Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Depart:Flagstaff, Arizona
- Priced From: $6340
This tour departs in
- Best weather prospects for viewing the October 14th annular solar eclipse – nearly five minutes in duration – from our carefully selected site in Albuquerque.
- Spectacular sunrise balloon ascent at the Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Fiesta.
- Expert-guided visits to astronomical landmarks, including Barringer Meteor Crater, the Very Large Array radio observatory, the Apache Point Observatory, and historic Lowell Observatory.
- An exclusive tour of Spaceport America, home base of Virgin Galactic.
- A visit to experience the unrivaled grandeur of the Grand Canyon.
New Mexico and Arizona, with their vast open spaces and arid climates that create exceptionally clear skies, have long attracted both professional astronomers and passionate stargazers. Dotting the desert landscape is a fascinating mix of historic towns and lively arts communities steeped in the heritage of the region’s native peoples. Put it all together and you can see why we chose this spectacular corner of the Southwest for our newest TravelQuest adventure: a 10-day trip showcasing the nearly five-minute annular solar eclipse on October 14, 2023.
This unique astronomical and cultural journey, taking you deep into areas of stunning natural beauty, will fill up fast – so get your plans in motion today!