- Dates: Aug 07 - 16, 2026
- Duration: 10 days, 9 nights
- Trip Level (1-4):3
- Arrive: Bilbao, Spain
- Depart:Madrid, Spain
- Priced From: $10,285
This tour departs in
- Take advantage of the best weather prospects for viewing the August 12, 2026 total solar eclipse
- Sample Spain’s acclaimed wine and cuisine throughout your tour
- Visit the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, the masterpiece of architect Frank Gehry
- Stroll the chic, coastal city of San Sebastian in Spain’s Basque country
- View an archeological dig at Atapuerca, a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site for the discovery of evidence of the earliest hominid settlement in Western Europe
- Explore landmarks of medieval and Spanish Gothic architecture of Burgos and Segovia
- Conclude your trip in the dynamic capital city of Madrid
- Sample Wine and explore prehistoric cave art dating back tens of thousands of years before your Spain Total Eclipse excursion
The spirit of discovery has defined Spain for more than six centuries, since the first wave of Renaissance explorers set off across the seas in search of terra incognita – promising gold, silver, spices and other riches to their royal sponsors. That same spirit of curiosity has long infused Spanish culture, from its extraordinary art and architecture, to its groundbreaking literature, to its distinctive wines and cuisine – all of which continue to be celebrated today in a land of remarkable vibrancy, flair and warm hospitality.
So what better place to witness the total solar eclipse of August 2026 than in the heart of Spain, from your unique vantage point on a sunny plateau ringed by mountains and dotted with medieval towns?
TravelQuest has been bringing curious travelers to Spain for more than 20 years, and in that time the local partners who help us create our trips have become trusted friends. These gifted storytellers, with their passion for sharing their country’s rich history and natural beauty, have always made our Spanish journeys truly magical. And this new ten-day total solar eclipse adventure is no exception.
We visit some of Spain’s most celebrated cities – Segovia, Burgos, Valladolid, Madrid – while also winding through less-known regions to explore aspects of this fascinating country that mainstream tours miss. Along the Basque Coast on the Bay of Biscay, we tour the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, architect Frank Gehry’s modern masterpiece. And on August 12, 2026, our select group views the total eclipse of the Sun from a site in rural Castilla that our astronomers believe is most likely to offer unobstructed views during the brief but unforgettable sunset sequence.
Join us as we embrace the spirit of discovery on the Iberian Peninsula, blending cultural and astronomical adventures, and enjoying the unique access and expert insights that are hallmarks of the TravelQuest experience.