Wonders of Chile Total Solar Eclipse
From the southern mountains and glaciers of Patagonia, to the renowned vineyards of the Central Valley, to the desolate beauty of the Atacama Desert in the north, Chile offers a remarkable range of travel experiences. Best of all, December – early summer south of the Equator – is the perfect time to visit.
TravelQuest invites you to join us on a unique Chilean adventure coinciding with the total solar eclipse on December 14, 2020. Setting out from the country’s historic capital, Santiago, your journey includes the vast Atacama Desert, whose arid skies offer some of the clearest stargazing on Earth. Our carefully chosen eclipse viewing site is in the southern Lake District, where you’ll experience 2 minutes and 7 seconds of totality among the foothills of the Andes. As an optional post-tour bonus, explore Torres del Paine, the Patagonian wilderness reserve famed for its snow-capped peaks, diverse wildlife and shimmering ice fields.
- Two nights in Chile’s capital city of Santiago
- Spend three nights in the famed Atacama Desert with prime dark-sky stargazing opportunities
- VIP tour of the Operations Support Facility for the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) observatory
- Visit Chile’s picturesque Lakes District with eclipse viewing planned from the shore of Lake Villarrica
- Optional post-eclipse add-on tour to stunning Torres del Paine National Park
Reserve your place now on what promises to be another extraordinary TravelQuest journey to totality.