- Dates: Apr 04 - 11, 2024
- Duration: 8 days, 7 nights
- Trip Level (1-4):2
- Arrive: Houston, Texas
- Depart:Austin, Texas
- Priced From: $5775
This tour departs in
- Experience over four minutes of totality at our carefully chosen viewing site during the total solar eclipse on April 8, 2024.
- Enjoy an expert-hosted visit to NASA’s Johnson Space Center.
- Explore three great cities that define Texas, past and present: Houston, San Antonio and Austin.
- Discover the historic mission and heroic battle site at the Alamo.
- Tour the Lyndon Baines Johnson Presidential Library and Museum, as well as the LBJ Ranch.
The prairie sky is wide and high, the old song tells us, deep in the heart of Texas. Clearly that makes the Lone Star State an ideal place to view a total eclipse of the Sun. Yet in all the years TravelQuest has been creating astronomical adventures around the world, we’ve never brought eclipse aficionados to explore this part of the sunny Southwest.
Well, that’s about to change. On April 8, 2024, much of North America will experience just over four minutes of totality – and one of the best viewing locations along the eclipse path will be Texas, with its typically clear skies and warm weather. So, in true TravelQuest style, we’ve crafted an itinerary around this astronomical milestone, weaving together spectacular Hill Country vistas with insider discoveries in San Antonio, Austin and Houston – plus an in-depth tour of the Johnson Space Center, the heart of NASA’s space program ever since the first astronaut replied, “Copy that, Houston” nearly 60 years ago.
What better way to reconnect with friends or family than watching the Moon’s shadow sweep across a landscape of winding rivers and sage-covered granite hills? This is the kind of experience TravelQuest has been creating around the globe for nearly three decades – and now we’re proud to present a special astronomy-themed journey right in our own backyard on the Heart of Texas Total Solar Eclipse tour. But space is limited, so make your reservation today!